Reference Guide (REF 2111.1) provides guidance on policy and procedures for all field trips taken by school staff, students and volunteers. The reference guide provides valuable information on the types of field trips and the procedures for approval of a field trip.
The Division of Risk Management & Insurance Services (RM) works closely with Principals, Local District Offices, the Office of Instruction and the Office of Environmental Health & Safety (OEHS) to ensure that field trips taken by LAUSD students are not only academically stimulating, but also take place in a safe environment.
Things to Remember:
- Please review THE FIELD TRIP HANDBOOK (REF 2111.1)
- Please review APPROVED CHARTER BUS LIST & ARRANGING TRANSPORTATION CHECKLIST
- Please provide 45 days for evaluation of all NON-ROUTINE, OVERNIGHT or OUT-OF STATE trips.
REQUEST FOR APPROVAL OF SCHOOL ORGANIZED TRIP FOR STUDENTS
REQUEST TO ADD NEW SITE TO APPROVED SITE LIST
GUIDELINES ON USE OF PRIVATELY OWNED VEHICLES
PRE-APPROVED FIELD TRIP SITE LIST
FIELD TRIP CHECKLIST
• OVERNIGHT TRIPS, OUT OF STATE TRIPS, and sites not on the pre-approved list require the prior approval of the Local District and the Division Risk Management.
• One day Field Trips to pre-approved site require school administrator approval only.
• ALL Overnight field trips to pre-approved sites require approval of Local District and the Division of Risk Management
VOLUNTARY STUDENT ACCIDENT INSURANCE:
For additional information please contact
K & K Insurance Group, Inc.
SHORT TERM TRAVEL ACCIDENT INSURANCE
Payment Must be Mailed to Insurance Company
at least 7 (seven) days prior to trip.
K & K Insurance Forms
One Time Field Trip Form
Blanket Field Trip Form
Local ESC Offices: http://notebook.lausd.net/portal/page?_pageid=33,1257463&_dad=ptl&_schema=PTL_EP For additional information, please contact:
Teresa A. Webster, Sr. Insurance Technician, at (213) 241- 3016 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Larry Chatman, Insurance Manager, at (213) 241-2176 or email@example.com